MAY 23, 2023
JOINT MEETING NORTH SMITHFIELD TOWN COUNCIL/MUNICIPAL BUILDING REVIEW TASK FORCE
83 GREENE STREET, NORTH SMITHFIELD, RI 02896
The meeting will also be livestream. Please join the meeting (viewing only) from your computer, tablet, or smartphone by clicking on this link:
or go to the North Smithfield YouTube page - North Smithfield Town Meetings
*If technical difficulties occur during livestream the above specified meetings will resume as scheduled.
Documents related to the meeting will be posted on the Town Council’s page of the Town’s website on Tuesday, May 23, 2023, at 10:00 a.m., see link here:
- I. OPEN MEETING – PRAYER – PLEDGE
- II. ROLL CALL
- III. NEW BUSINESS
- A. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action regarding a presentation by Architect, Eric Army (appearing at no cost) to review the 2016 Police Station renovation proposal and 2016 architectural plans prepared by Mr. Army and discussion with Mr. Army regarding establishing an up-to-date analytical 2023/2024 project cost to complete a Police Station renovation based upon the 2016 Police Station architectural renovation plans.
- B. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on retaining the services of the Architect, Eric Army (who is prequalified on state MPA) to review the 2016 Police Station renovation proposal and 2016 architectural plans that Mr. Army prepared for the purpose of establishing the up-to-date analytical 2023/2024 project cost to complete a Police Station renovation based upon the 2016 Police State architectural renovation plans.
- IV. OLD BUSINESS
- A. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action Regarding RFP for Immediate Repairs to the Existing Police Station
- B. Discussion, Vote, Or Other Action in Regard to a Ballot Question for the Replacement of the Existing Police Station
- 1. Potential date
- 2. Enabling legislation General Assembly
- 3. Ballot language Bond Counsel
- 4. Secretary of State
- 5. Financial Advisors PFM Financial Adv.
Next Meeting Date
Individuals requesting special assistance should contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 767-2200, ext. 326 seventy-two (72) hours in advance of the meeting date.
Agenda posted May 19, 2023