JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH
A RISE JR Production
Directed by Danielle Paquette
Based on the book by Roald Dahl
Auditions: December 13 & 15, 6:30-8:30 PM
Performances: February 24 - March 5, 2022
The RISE Playhouse
142 Clinton Street
Parking available in the Clinton Street municipal lot
WOONSOCKET — Rhode Island Stage Ensemble is thrilled to announce auditions for its annual all-youth RISE JR production. This season’s production will be James and the Giant Peach, based on the book by Roald Dahl. RISE is seeking a cast of 30-40 kids, ages 7-16!
When James Henry Trotter’s parents are tragically killed by an escaped rhinoceros, he thinks his life could not get any worse –he’s wrong! Sent to live with his evil aunts, Aunt Sponge and Aunt Spiker, it looks like there’s no hope for our hero. That is until a mysterious stranger appears. Now James is off on an exciting new adventure, with a giant peach, giant insects, scary sharks, shrieking seagulls, and an army of monstrous clouds! Join James and his friends on the adventure of a lifetime!
Tuesday, December 13, 6:30-8:30 PM
Thursday, December 15, 6:30-8:30 PM
The RISE Playhouse
142 Clinton St.
Woonsocket, RI 02985
February 24 - March 5, 2022
Friday and Saturday performances – 7:30 pm
Sunday performances – 2:00 pm
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Readings will be provided at auditions!
- No reservations are needed - arrive anytime between 6:30 and 8:30.
- There is some singing in the show. Please prepare a song of your choice for auditions. Selection should showcase your voice and personality. You may bring sheet music, an accompaniment track, or just sing a Capella!
- RISE is a non-profit, non-Equity, volunteer-based theater company. All positions within the company are unpaid, unless otherwise specified.
- You can fill out your audition form in person at auditions, or in advance at www.ristage.org.
Little Old Man
Old Green Grasshopper
Now in our 16th season, Rhode Island Stage Ensemble is one of the pre-eminent theater companies of northern Rhode Island. Based in Woonsocket’s historic Morning Star Masonic Lodge, RISE’s mission is to provide quality, affordable theater performances and high-caliber education programs for children, youth, and adults.
Please don't hesitate to contact me! I'd love to discuss how this production and its actors connect to YOUR local community!
Please help us support the arts in Woonsocket!
Artistic Director, Rhode Island Stage Ensemble