The Woonsocket Police is partnering with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), CVS (Cass Ave), and the Woonsocket Prevention Coalition to participate in Drug Take Back Day.  Saturday October 24th, 2020 10:00am to 2:00pm.  


Drop boxes are at two locations:

·       CVS 1054 Cass Ave. and the 

·       Woonsocket Police Department, 242 Clinton Street. 


Citizens can drop off unused prescriptions for disposal. No Needles/sharps or liquids please.  Kindly refer to the flyer.  Thank you.

Tropical depression Claudette is blamed for over a dozen deaths, most of those in a multi-vehicle collision in Alabama on Saturday. Nine of the ten people killed in that crash were children. The storm system is expected to pick up steam overnight, turning back into a tropical storm by morning over eastern North Carolina.        American Airlines says it will cancel one percent of its flights in July so they can ensure they take care of their customers and minimize surprises at the airport. It announced Sunday the uptick in travel demand as they struggle with labor shortages and unprecedented weather is behind the move. Most airlines are seeing more bookings as Americans feel safe to travel in the latter stages of the pandemic.        Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts is the latest to announce he's sending state troopers to the U.S. border with Mexico. Ricketts says 25 Nebraska State Patrol troopers will go to Del Rio, Texas, in response to a request for assistance from emergency management officials in Texas.        The Telegraph Fire continues to rage about 80 miles outside Phoenix, Arizona. It had scorched over 180-thousand acres, and as of Sunday night, it was 67-percent contained. Meanwhile, the Bear fire outside of Provo, Utah has made its way through over 12-thousand acres. And evacuation orders are underway in Oregon as the S-503 Fire southeast of Mount Hood burns. It has already made its way though over 43-hundred aces.        The Foo Fighters are celebrating after a successful show at Madison Square Garden. Sunday's much-hyped event was the first full-capacity concert in New York's iconic arena in over 400 days.