CITY OF WOONSOCKET
December 27, 2019
Rubbish and Recycling Holiday Pickup Schedule
On Wednesday January 1, 2020 in the observance of New Years Day the Woonsocket Material Recycle Facility will be closed and there will be no trash or recycling collection.
Curbside pick-up for trash and recycling for January 2nd through January 3rd will be delayed by one day.
TRASH and RECYCLING WINTER TIME COLLECTION
Residents are reminded that wintertime weather may delay trash and recycling collection services. Every effort will be taken to ensure prompt service however if the roadways should become a safety issue for the rubbish trucks then collection would be delayed to the following day.
Accumulated snow on sidewalks may also hamper the rubbish collection service. To ensure curbside pick-up, please shovel an area that will allow the trash and recycling carts to sit level. Cart covers should be closed preventing snow from adding to the weight of the waste.
The placement of your cart is important, since the collection vehicles lifting arm requires clearance: 3 feet on all sides and 12 feet overhead. The carts should be no more than 3 feet away from the curb or road edge, and the arrows on the lid must be pointing toward the street, with the hinges facing away from your street. Your GREEN recycling cart should be placed at least 3 feet from your BURGUNDY trash cart.
Place carts curbside on your collection day by 7 am.
Superintendent of Solid Waste
- 24 January 2020 This Week at the RI General Assembly
- 24 January 2020 North Smithfield Weekly Newsletter
- 24 January 2020 Local groups win grants to boost Woonsocket’s Census participation
- 23 January 2020 North Providence man found guilty on 5 counts of second-degree child molestation
- 23 January 2020 City Ushers in 2020 by Welcoming Two New Businesses with Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies
- 23 January 2020 Providence man found guilty of 2013 murder of Pawtucket man
- 23 January 2020 Law Introduced: Commemorating Roe v. Wade and closing the gaps on access to abortion
- 23 January 2020 Assault weapon, high-capacity magazine bans introduced in RI Legislature
- 22 January 2020 Agenda for Woonsocket School Committee Meeting tonight at 7
- 22 January 2020 Rep. Vella-Wilkinson introduces legislation to create a nine-member Veterans Oversight Commission